The Alumni community worldwide numbers nearly 54,000, of 159 nationalities and located in 170 countries. It includes any INSEAD graduate from an MBA program or from an Executive Program that has qualified for Alumni status. In Australia and New Zealand, the community includes all Alumni who are Australian or New Zealand nationals or who have nominated ANZ as either their current home or work location.
The INSEAD Alumni Association (IAA) was founded by alumni in 1961. It represents all INSEAD alumni and acts as its spokesperson for the various stakeholder groups of INSEAD. The IAA is an umbrella organisation, coordinating the many national alumni associations (NAAs).
Currently, there are 47 National Alumni Associations (NAA) representing 50 countries across the world. The purpose of the NAAs is to support its members throughout the world with a comprehensive and wide range of professional and social activities to nourish the network and to promote INSEAD.
Beginning with the graduation of Peter Robins from New Zealand and Haley Epstein from Australia, both MBA’69s, our alumni community has grown to be the ninth largest in the world with over 1,440 MBA and Executive Program alumni (August 2017).
The Australian National Alumni Association was formed in 1984, to be the official association of INSEAD alumni in Australia, and was expanded to include New Zealand in 1992. Membership of the NAA carries a range of additional benefits to those available to Alumni generally and is available to ANZ alumni for an annual subscription of $125 (AUD).
At its Annual General Meeting in November 2015, members of the ANZ NAA – then an unincorporated association – resolved to incorporate the NAA as an Australian public company limited by guarantee, the best practice governance structure for non-profit organisations in Australia.
The INSEAD Alumni Association of Australia and New Zealand Limited was registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) on 4th July 2016.
Our Focus Areas
To achieve our Mission, the NAA seeks to focus on four key pillars; these being:
- Knowledge, fostering the professional development of our members by organising business forums with thought leaders, industry/subject matter experts and visiting INSEAD professors; and also publicising alumni access to news publications and academic journals, and discounted INSEAD courses and open enrolment programs.
- Community, encouraging broader community engagement and support through diverse social activities and our Welcome program (for alumni who’ve made Australia or New Zealand home)
- Network, enabling professional people to people connections through business & industry introductions, inter-school partners and events, expanding perspectives through “INSEAD in the field” and enabling career coaching and development / mentoring support
- INSEAD, supporting INSEAD’s initiative as Business as a Force for Good through local activation of INSEAD global initiatives
How to Become a Member
You can join the NAA or renew your membership in MyINSEAD.
Log into MyINSEAD – My Association*, select your National Alumni Association (Australia-New Zealand) and click the “Purchase Now” button to purchase a membership online. Please note that membership duration is set as the date of purchase plus 12 months. Membership fee is:
- 1 year, i.e. 12 months – AUD$125.00
- Ability to set to recurring annually
*How to access MyINSEAD – My Association? Click here to find information on how to reset or change a password (in case you forgot it). Or reach out to INSEAD’s 24/7 service desk (include screenshot of IT issue faced) for technical support.
These are the current Directors.