Nominate as a Director of the IAA AUS-NZ Board!
As your INSEAD Alumni Association of Australia and New Zealand (“IAA AUS-NZ”) embarks upon the refresh of its strategic plan to further enhance engagement of our alumni community across Australia and New Zealand, there is an exciting opportunity to join the Board of Directors to apply your passion and energy and work with a diverse and like-minded team to help drive the IAA AUS-NZ towards achieving even bigger ambitions and lasting impact!
Our mission is to provide value to our Alumni members and the wider community by:
- raising the profile of INSEAD’s status and prestige in Australia and New Zealand;
- engaging and supporting our Alumni through a strong and energised community, and through opportunities to build connections and develop knowledge; and
- representing Business as a Force for Good, leading the charge on Thought Leadership topics at the national and global level, and reinforcing INSEAD kinship, forged by Alumni helping Alumni.
What is required from the role?
Put simply, in addition to the powers and duties described in the IAA AUS-NZ Constitution, the role of an IAA AUS-NZ Director can be summarised as follow:
- at local level: drive and grow local engagement of the alumni community in your geography of residence – galvanising volunteers to organise professional and social events and other local activities; and
- at national level: contribute with fellow Board Directors to the IAA AUS-NZ Board-related matters, including such topics as communications, marketing and social media; membership; faculty relations; INSEAD Alumni Fund (scholarships and grants); Young Alumni; national events & other initiatives; “Force for Good”; technology; Women in Business; Executive Development Program (“EDP”) support; clubs; Lifelong Learning & Career Development and other activities.
The personal time commitment of an IAA AUS-NZ Board Director is estimated at about 2 hours a week or 1 to 2 days a month, outside the regular board meetings (which is currently 1 ½ hrs every 2 months).
What is required to nominate for the role?
To nominate and be eligible for election, you will need to:
- be a current financial member of the IAA AUS-NZ at the time of nomination and at the time of election;
- provide an ‘expression of interest’ (250 to 300 words maximum), stating the reason why you would like to nominate and how you believe you will contribute to the IAA AUS-NZ Board and its mission; and
- complete and return the Director Nomination Form, together with the expression of interest, to Secretary [email protected] by 5:00 pm AEST on Monday 25th April 2022.
Want to know more before nominating?
Do not hesitate to reach out to any of the current Board Directors for a chat.