Dear INSEAD alumnus/alumna in Finland
We hope this message finds you safe and well! We are closing the second year with COVID-19 pandemic. The vaccinations have proceeded well in Finland and despite latest news on new virus variants we believe that we will be able to return to arrange live events again in 2022. We will be following closely Finnish government restrictions and recommendations when arranging events with large audience. We may require EU Digital COVID certificate from all participants and use face masks when necessary.
Year 2021 has seen the introduction of extensive supply of online alumni events, lifelong learning webinars, and online speaker events. More than 15,000 alumni Worldwide participated at least one virtual event in 2021. This practise will continue in 2022. Please take advantage of this extraordinary service brought to you by the school, the International Alumni Association, and National Alumni Associations around the world.
We encourage you to renew your alumni association membership for 2022.
The local association is run entirely by a handful of volunteers, for the benefit of all its members. Our annual membership 50€ per calendar year, a part of which goes to the International Alumni Association for providing shared services to alumni worldwide. You can renew your membership, or become a member again, by using
- Online payment portal in MyINSEAD,
- MobilePay (recipient number / “vastaanottaja”: 88845)
- Bank transfer
Upon receiving your payment, we add you to the local association and its mailing lists and grant you the user rights to the Alumni database and various other services that INSEAD offers to all the paying members of the National Alumni Associations.
Optional donation to INSEAD Alumni Fund
We also encourage you to make optional donation to INSEAD Alumni Fund. Alumni fund donations are used for student scholarships, hiring special professors, INSEAD campus improvement projects, etc. Even 5€ donations make a difference and shows support to the cause. Finland has regularly been among TOP-10 nations in % of alumni members making donations.
We hope to meet you all again in out live events in 2022.
Your executive committee members,
Markku Komsi, Riku Rintanen, Jani Puroranta, Richard Jerome, and Jari Paakkarinen
Be a Member in a Powerful Alumni Network
You are one of INSEAD’s over 62 900 Alumni representing 167 nationalities in 177 countries! Every year more than 900 alumni events are organised and run all over the world by INSEAD, our national alumni associations and clubs.
In 2021 business school ranking Financial Times ranked INSEAD as #1 in MBA, #15 in EMBA, and Tsinghua-INSEAD Dual Degree Executive MBA (TIEMBA) as #11 in EMBA.
Alumni Membership Benefits
- Full access to online alumni database and networks. Free access to the BSP archives with >3,000 periodicals indexed, incl. full text of The Economist
- Exclusive access to INSEAD’s new online courses for alumni
- 30% discount for INSEAD alumni on all INSEAD Open Enrolment Programmes for executives
- Membership in different NAAs is reciprocal so members can access others’ events when abroad
- Lifelong career development support through Skype/telephone coaching
- Free use of the IAA Careers Service online for job search, reduced prices for recruiters
- Free/discounted tickets to INSEAD career webinar series
Alumni events arranged in Finland in 2021
- May 1st Unfortunately cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
- Aug – Nov IN-BOARD Nordic Academy 2021 (organised by NAA Norway)
- September 11th Global INSEAD Day – Three digital events around the world broadcasting from Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- September 17th Alumni Ball 2021 – Unfortunately cancelled due to COVID-19 situation
Planned Alumni events for 2022
- January 27th New graduate welcome
- January 27th Alumni drinks in hotel St George’s bar
- March 4th Alumni Ball 2021in co-operation with Harvard, IMD, London Business School, and London School of Economics alumni clubs
- March 22nd Alumni visit to FIBAN pitching (www.fiban.org)
- April Alumni Association Annual General Meeting
- Aug – Nov IN-BOARD Nordic Academy 2022 (organised by NAA Norway)
- September 11th Global INSEAD Day
Updating your contact information to get connected to alumni and invited to events
- Send an email to [email protected] to get your login details
- Go to https://my.insead.edu/ and login with your lifelong alumni email address ([email protected]) and password
- Click on ‘My Profile’ (at the top of the screen), in My Profile page, scroll down to ‘Contact information’ and fill the missing info. You have to click the ‘edit’ text in the end of line to open that field for editing.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ (at the top of the screen), in My Profile page go to ‘Memberships’ section and choose setting YES for option ‘I would like to receive the INSEAD Alumni Association membership renewal reminder emails.’
- Save your changes