Dear fellow INSEAD alumni,
We would like to introduce to you the new INSEAD NAA Finland Executive Committee, which was elected earlier in May. However, in the first place, we would like to thank Markku, Riku, Jani and Richard that ended their ExCo term this year. Thank you for the many years of steering the alumni association and organising so many excellent events for all of us!
Meet new ExCo!
The new ExCo is a great mix of new and previous members ensuring continuity and fresh ideas. The six members of the new ExCo members are:
- Jaani Pietikäinen, President: Jaani works at the Helsinki Office of the European Investment Bank. He did his MBA in Fontainebleau in 2001 (in fact, the first MBA students at the Singapore campus started at the same time in January). Fun fact: Jaani is a passionate supporter of Ipswich Town Football Club that was promoted to the second tier of English football this year.
- Michel Mercier, Events: Michel moved from France to Finland 25 years ago and has done Export all his working life. He has done his certificate in global management in Fontainebleau between 2016 and 2019. Fun fact: Michel wants to walk along the French coasts. He has done already 2000 km and he has still more than 2000 km to do.
- Tuomas Piirtola, Treasurer: Tuomas is Managing Director for NoHo Fast Food business. Tuomas did his MBA during 2006 both in Fontainebleau and Singapore campuses. Fun fact: Tuomas is a very active in skiing in all forms: slalom, telemark, cross country classic and skating. Every winter around 20 days is spent on the snow.
- Sofia Silberman-Hammer, Communications: Sofia helps shape the future of sustainable packaging at Huhtamäki. She is an MBA Class of 2021J and despite Covid pandemic has spent it in both Fontainebleau and Singapore. Fun fact: Passionate tech nerd in disguise who was choosing between pursuing Hive coding school and INSEAD.
- Jari Paakkarinen, Alumni Ball-organizer since 2017: Jari has retired from corporate life after doing business in >50 countries and INSEAD in 1999. Current focus is on investments to listed and unlisted companies. Fun fact: Jari’s passion is stretching between economics and ancient history. Done essays both of Uruk’s urban design (3500 BC) and macroeconomical development in Chile (1960 – 2015).
- Nilla Länsman, Events: Nilla is INSEAD MBA 14J. After careers in reindeer herding and international finance, these days I sell alcoholic beverages, i.e. run my own hard seltzer business called Nålla Kova Sooda from above the Arctic Circle. Fun fact: I have a BSc, two MScs, and an MBA degree from three different countries, am a CFA charter holder, and own a driver’s license.
What is next…
As the alumni association wants to offer activities that interest its members, we want to understand better what you expect from us. It would be great if you could participate in the poll and give us your opinion and preferences:
Click here to access the poll and help us create many exciting events!
The poll is anonymous unless you voluntarily would like to share your contacts with us. It should only take ~3-5 minutes of your time. Please answer the poll by July 1st, 2023.
On this basis of your feedback, we will plan and organise an interesting mix of events after the summer break. Stay tuned!
We hope you already enjoy the sunshine and longer days after the sometimes challenging Finnish winter. We wish you relaxing summer holidays and hope to see you all soon at our events!
Jaani, Tuomas, Sofia, Michel, Nilla and Jari
INSEAD National Alumni Association of Finland