Dear INSEAD Friends for Business & Society,
Let’s talk about Food! 3 x a day we make choices that impact our health and environment.
Building on our Future of Food event last year, we are thrilled to support the Community Impact Challenge (CIC) campaign launch on sustainable food habits with a Food Expert Roundtable & Panel Kickoff on
Thursday October 8th, 8am-9am CET.
SIGN UP HERE for the Expert Roundtable!
As 25% of Greenhouse Gas Emissions come from the global food supply chain, the Expert Roundtable includes Entrepreneurs & Industry Leaders
- Marc Zornes, Founder, Winnow Food Waste Solutions (MBA’09J)
- Ignacio Gavilan, Director of Environmental Sustainability, Consumer Goods Forum
- Sarah Blanchard, Head of Corporate Responsibility at Metro AG
- Yanick Lhommel, Fairtrade Germany and Switzerland (Cocoa and Sugar)
- Plus World Food Program Accelerator, Unilever, Nestle and more…
We will dive into our habits on food choice, origin and waste with questions like:
- How can we adopt a more sustainable diet? What does it mean to be flexitarian?
- How has meat consumption evolved over time? Is healthy food the new luxury eating?
- How can we support local food producers?
- What does the expiry date mean for different types of food?
- How can we plan meals and focus on our own fridge/pantry to reduce waste?
Register here TODAY for the Community Impact Challenge on Food Habits (Oct 15 – Dec12) in less than 2 minutes! We will use a leading climate APP for gamification, facts and tips to support food habit changes.
What we do on an individual level, might seem like a drop in the ocean, but together we have the potential to create a ripple out effect. Changes, not only for us, friends and colleagues but, for our next generations. If you were part of the Single use Plastic campaign, all the learnings have been used to make this next challenge even more impactful. We invite you to be a drop of that change, participate in the sustainable food habits challenge and watch the INSEAD industry webinar for more information.
See you October 8th!