The IAAG offering to you as an IAAG member are an essential part that enables us to support you to reach your full career potential. In a first step, INSEAD offers a wide range of career resources named Alumni Career Development Benefits www.insead.edu/alumni/career-development , including an international job portal, online courses and other tools for career development. In addition, IAAG provides you with an Alumni Coaching as well as a list of executive search consultants.
INSEAD now offers all alumni the option of two free career coaching sessions (via Skype or in person) with one of our global panel of career coaches. These coaches – many themselves INSEAD alumni – adapt their approach to the different stages of the alumni’s career. They offer impartial advice on issues such as:
- Defining career goals
- Job hunting (refining your focus, presentation and CV)
- Career change and transition
- Work-life balance, career breaks and moving to a portfolio career
To book a session, email [email protected].
INSEAD has created an online career development centre to aid alumni at different stages in their careers. This site offers a guided self-help programme covering challenges such as:
- Career design and transition
- First 90 days in a new job
- Surviving and overcoming job loss
- Career reinvention and renewal at 45+
Alumni also have access to INSEAD’s CareerGlobe job board where you can search for job postings and set up alerts in areas of interest.
To give alumni and students an insight into the different career paths available to INSEAD graduates INSEAD have developed a series of videos where faculty and alumni share their experiences of:
- Working for organisations like Google, Goldman Sachs or the United Nations
- Founding a hedge fund or a social enterprise
- Advice on networking, working with headhunters, career change, and securing board roles
Visit youtube.com/user/INSEADofficial and scroll down to the Alumni Experience playlist.
Alumni looking for new opportunities should – at a minimum – maintain an up-to-date profile on:
- The INSEAD alumni directory – MyINSEAD
- INSEAD’s 14,000 member LinkedIn group
- The “Careers” group on INSEAD’s private social network – Yammer
INSEAD’s national alumni associations organise 900+ events each year worldwide and generations of INSEAD alumni have found that attending both national and global events is a fantastic way of connecting serendipitously.
Looking for career advice? Watch career webinars, featuring world-class career experts like Steven Dalton & Dorie Clark, via our Alumni Career Development Webinar Library. Learn about topics such as building your personal brand, your portfolio career, durable relationships and much more.
INSEAD alumni now have unlimited access or our AlumniExtra portal including:
World class presenters including Steve Dalton, Dorie Clark and Julian Birkinshaw
Advice on, job-hunting and interviewing, international and portfolio careers and how to be a better boss
Videos optimised for mobiles and tablets
Unlimited – free online access to all INSEAD alumni. Register for your individual account here via AlumniExtra.
INSEAD and IAAG have developed a combined concept of alumni coaching. While some elements are central at INSEAD, the Alumni Coaching is organized in a regional setup. For Germany, Dr. Holger Karsten is the optimal point of contact and alumni coach. Holger has completed the EDP program (focusing on finance) in 2000. He was a top management consultant with Arthur D. Little and Accenture. He has been a Managing Partner with Leadership Choices, focusing on Executive Coaching and Team Development.
You can reach out to him at [email protected] or by phone +49 173 343 1662.
- to identify the initial contact to an executive search consultant from the IAAG network
- with a first coaching session about career ambitions or the need for reflection and self-assessment for the next career step. If you are interested to enjoy the first 2 hours of Holger´s coaching session free of charge, please contact INSEAD Career Development Center through [email protected] first.
In close alignment with IAAG, the following executive search consultants have agreed to support you as a “sparring partner”. Beyond their client specific mandates, they take the time to provide feedback to you via email, telephone or video chat – e.g. regarding the presentation of your skills and experiences in your CV. Please keep in mind that the priority of the executive search consultant focuses on his clients and he will not be able to make you a direct job offer in normal cases.
|Guido Emde Executive Search GmbH, Starnberg
contact: Guido Emde, YMP’06Sep [email protected]
Tel. +49 8151 6664 066 / mob. +49 173 6455 482
PER Private Equity Recruitment GmbH, Munich
True Search, Berlin
XELLENTO Personalberatung, München