The IDN INsights Director Mentoring Programme is the INSEAD Directors Network flagship initiative aimed at equipping the next generation of directors who are members of IDN in meeting the challenges of today and to be governance leaders of the future.
Mentees will gain access to experienced Directors who will provide guidance and support to help mentees navigate practical governance challenges as well as further develop their capabilities and career as board directors.
The Programme introduces “next-generation” directors (“Mentees”) to experienced past and current Directors (“Mentors”) based on mentees’ directorship-related goals and fit.
A stimulating and rewarding global programme for mentees and mentors alike, many highly successful past matches have spanned international borders.
Benefits may include:
- Gaining knowledge and skills that will help mentees become more confident in their effectiveness as non-executive directors
- Obtaining advice and guidance relevant to board roles and challenges, navigating boardroom dynamics
- Gaining insights into a mentee’s unique value proposition for boards and how to identify and approach board opportunities
- Increasing mentees practical knowledge of governance issues in companies and not-for-profits and company and not-for-profit boards operate
- The ability to be part of a collegiate peer group of mentees on the Programme to share learnings and experiences
- The opportunity for self-reflection and development in a safe confidential environment
- For mentors – the immense satisfaction of seeing their mentees empowered to reach their goals and the opportunity to learn from the mentees too!
The Programme runs yearly from April to November and includes
- six monthly one-hour virtual mentoring meetings,
- six monthly peer mentee group video calls and
- participation in a dedicated confidential WhatsApp group.
The applications period opens in spring (typically around March) and is announced via our membership mailling list. A modest fee applies to cover Programme administration costs.
For further information about the IDN INsights Director Mentoring Programme, please send an email via our contact form.