Notice is hereby given that electronic voting will be conducted for 2023 AGM from 9th February to 2nd March 2023, 6:30 pm.
AGM will be conducted as an in-person event.
Date: Thursday 2nd March 2023, 6:00 – 7:00pm
Venue: INSEAD Asia Campus, 1 Ayer Rajah Ave, Singapore 138676
A virtual session will be held on 16th February 2023, 7:00 – 7:30pm, to answer questions raised by members so that you can make informed decisions with regards to the voting motions. To register for the session, please click here.
Please find the 2022 Annual Report inclusive of the proposed 2022 AGM minutes (pages 27-29), 2021 EGM minutes (pages 30-31) and Financial Reports (pages 24-26) relating to The INSEAD Club of Singapore (INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore).
Members will receive an email from [email protected] on 9th February 2023 with the subject: INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore Annual General Meeting 2023 – Voting. Kindly check your SPAM folder if you have not received this email.
Voting ends on 2nd March 2023 at 6:30pm.
We require your participation to vote on these 6 motions:
1. Vote on the 2022 Financial review and statement (pages 24-26 of the 2022 Annual Report)
2. Vote on the proposed 2022 AGM minutes (pages 27-29 of 2022 Annual Report)
3. Vote on the proposed 2021 EGM minutes (pages 30-31 of 2022 Annual Report)
4. Vote for the election of the Executive Board Committee of our Society
4.1 Election of the following Board members or Office Bearers:
4.1.1 Treasurer: Youyi Yuan, EMFIN’19Feb
4.1.2 Secretary: ChenSiew Lim, MBA’22J
4.1.3 Board Member (Lifelong Learning & Career Development): Vandana Ahuja, EMC’19Dec-S
4.1.4 Board Member (Marketing & Communications): Madhura Chavan, EMBA’21Jan
4.2 Re-election for a third term of the following Office Bearer:
4.2.1 President: Jaz Athenia Chua, TIEMBA’16Jan
5. Vote on the constitutional revision of Article X: Dissolution (2) of our society and approve that remaining funds can be transferred to our company limited by guarantee when the society is dissolved
Under Article X: Dissolution (2) of our existing Constitution:
“In the event the Club is dissolved as provided above, all debts and liabilities legally incurred on behalf of the Club shall be fully discharged, and the remaining funds will be devoted to such local charitable organizations as the general members shall decide.”
To ensure that the remaining funds can be transferred to the company limited by guarantee once the society is dissolved, we will add “… or transferred to the new legal company…” and this requires a constitutional revision that is subject to approval by the Registry of Societies.
Once this revision is approved, we will proceed to dissolve the society and transfer the remaining funds to the company limited by guarantee.
Based on the mandate given in AGM 2022 to shift our organization from a registered society to a company limited by guarantee, the office bearers and volunteers have dedicated their efforts to initiate discussions with the lawyers to define the constitution and by-laws of the company limited guarantee before incorporating the company.
The approach involved using the existing Constitution and by-laws of the society as the benchmark and making adjustments to comply with the Companies Act that the company limited guarantee is bounded by. The objective is also to maintain the current procedures and processes of the general meetings and daily operations for simplicity.
• Ordinary members are INSEAD alumnus who has paid membership fees and thus have voting rights at the Ordinary Members’ Meetings
• Council members are known as the “Executive Committee Members” under our society structure. They are also the board of directors running the organization. The maximum term that each council member can serve on the board is 6 years.
• A corporate secretary will be employed by the company limited guarantee to carry out secretarial and administrative duties as required by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
Once the proposed Constitution and By-laws are approved by the Members, we will proceed to set up the company limited by guarantee. The name of the company limited by guarantee can only be confirmed after application is made and approved. The proposed name is “INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore Limited” which is subject to approval by ACRA.