In the years following World War II, Georges Doriot came up with the idea that the world needed a new kind of educational institution—one that united people, embraced diversity, and leveraged business to rebuild nations and promote peace. He envisioned an institution that could make a meaningful contribution to society.
That institution, of course, was INSEAD. In the decades since its founding in 1957, our school has never wavered from that vision. Our belief in using business as a force for good has come to define who we are, what we stand for, and how we conduct ourselves in the world.
INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore is pleased to launch “Business as a Force for Good” Award (BAFG Award) 2024.
The Award recognizes Singapore companies and individuals who have demonstrated thought-leadership with respect to “Business as a Force for Good”, have a vision, mission statement and strategy clearly demonstrating their commitment, have developed best practices and have achieved remarkable economical results and/or meaningful societal impact.
Eligibility and Award Categories
All Singapore based companies* will be considered for the following award categories:
- BAFG Award 2024 for social enterprise in Singapore
- BAFG Award 2024 for start-ups in Singapore (established under 3 years)
- BAFG Award 2024 for SMEs in Singapore (revenue under S$100m or less than 200 workers)
- BAFG Award 2024 for corporates in Singapore (revenue more than S$100m or more than 200 workers)
- BAFG Award 2024 for incubator/accelarator/VC
*Operating as a Singapore legal entity and registered with ACRA https://www.acra.gov.sg/
A jury made up of alumni leaders from various industries will identify the award winner. Selections will be based on the positive impact the organization has had on society through its programme or its core business activities.
The winners will be announced at the IAA Singapore AGM on Mar 2024.
Application or nomination
Please complete this link with the name of your company or a company you would like to nominate. We will need the name of a representative (yourself or another person-in-charge from the company nominated) whom the selection committee will contact for further details.
We will shortlist the Top 3 finalists from each category and they will have to submit a document (Powerpoint / PDF) with no more than 10 slides / pages including the introduction of your company and any other supplementary information.
The top 3 finalists from each category will then present to a panel of judges between 29 Jan to 2 Feb 2024. They will have 15 mins to present and another 15 mins for Q8A
Application and Nominations must be received no later than 5 PM Singapore time, 10 Feb 2024.
The “Business as a Force for Good” Award is a wonderful opportunity to recognize best practices, to give visibility to deserving companies and to promote INSEAD’s mission. We are very much looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- Social Enterprise Winner – ItsRainingRaincoats
- Startup Winner – Green Rebel Foods
- SME Winner – Hydroleap Pte Ltd
- Corporate Winner – SDTR Marine Pte Ltd
- Angels/VC/PE/Accelerator Winner – Vertex Ventures SEA & India,
- Corporate Winner – ENGIE Factory Asia Pacific & ENGIE South East Asia, Thomas Baudlot and Edwin Cheang
- SME Winner – RightShip, Gurpreet Singh MBA’14D
- Startup Winner – INSEACT, Michael Badeski MBA’19J and Tim Van Vliet MBA’19J,
- Social Enterprise Winner – B1G1, Masami Sato
- Kacific Broadband Satellite, Christian Patouraux MBA’03D,CEO
- Right People Renewable Energy, Robin Pho EMEBA’17Jan, Founder
- ECOSOFTT, Marcus Lim (TIEMBA’13Jan) and Stanley Samuel (TIEMBA’13Jan), Founders
Where are they now? Catching up with past winners