In the years following World War II, Georges Doriot came up with the idea that the world needed a new kind of educational institution—one that united people, embraced diversity, and leveraged business to rebuild nations and promote peace. He envisioned an institution that could make a meaningful contribution to society.
That institution, of course, was INSEAD. In the decades since its founding in 1957, our school has never wavered from that vision. Our belief in using business as a force for good has come to define who we are, what we stand for, and how we conduct ourselves in the world.
INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore is pleased to launch “Business as a Force for Good” Award (BAFG Award) 2022.
The Award recognizes Singapore companies and individuals who have demonstrated thought-leadership with respect to “Business as a Force for Good”, have a vision, mission statement and strategy clearly demonstrating their commitment, have developed best practices and have achieved remarkable economical results and/or meaningful societal impact.
Eligibility and Award Categories
All Singapore based companies* will be considered for the following award categories:
- BAFG Award 2022 for social enterprise in Singapore
- BAFG Award 2022 for start-ups in Singapore (established under 3 years)
- BAFG Award 2022 for SMEs in Singapore (revenue under S$100m or less than 200 workers)
- BAFG Award 2022 for corporates in Singapore (revenue more than S$100m or more than 200 workers)
*Operating as a Singapore legal entity and registered with ACRA https://www.acra.gov.sg/
A jury made up of alumni leaders from various industries will identify the award winner. Selections will be based on the positive impact the organization has had on society through its programme or its core business activities.
The winners will be announced at the IAA Singapore AGM on 16 Mar 2022.
Application or nomination
Please complete this link with the name of your company or a company you would like to nominate. We will need the name of a representative (yourself or another person-in-charge from the company nominated) whom the selection committee will contact for further details.
We will shortlist the Top 3 finalists from each category and they will have to submit a document (Powerpoint / PDF) with no more than 10 slides / pages including the introduction of your company and any other supplementary information.
The top 3 finalists from each category will then present to a panel of judges between 21 to 25 Feb 2022. They will have 15 mins to present and another 15 mins for Q&A.
Application and Nominations must be received no later than 5 PM Singapore time, 16 February 2022.
The “Business as a Force for Good” Award is a wonderful opportunity to recognize best practices, to give visibility to deserving companies and to promote INSEAD’s mission. We are very much looking forward to hearing from you soon.
For more information, contact Tan Eng Hwa at [email protected] or Jaz Chua [email protected]
|Application||Open from 20 Dec 2021 to 16 February 2022 5 pm|
|First Round Judging||16 to 18 Feb 2022|
|Final Judging||21 to 25 Feb 2022|
|AGM & Award Event||16 Mar 2022|
Meet the judging panel
- Li Lian Liew GEMBA’13 – Director, Corporate Panning at Tan Tock Seng Hospital & Central Health
- Brad Fraser MAP’18 – Head of Prime Derivative Services Asia Pacific at Barclays
- Antonio DeLorenzo GEMBA’15 – Head of Innovation Labs, ING
- Manik Saha IDP’16 – Strategic Partner APJ, Product Engineering Group, SAP SE.
- James Marshall MBA’99D – Vice President, Global Air Account Management, Expedia Group.
- Apo Ozkececi MCCC’19Dec-S – IAA Singapore Vice President and SVP Commercial & Regional Head, Asia Pacific, Accelya.
- Boby Johnson EMBA’16Dec – IAA Singapore Diversity & Inclusion and CEO of Banalytics.
- 2021 – Kacific Broadband Satellite
- 2020 – Right People Renewable Energy
- 2019 – ECOSOFTT
Where are they now? Catching up with past winners