Excerpt from post from Dean Ilian Mihov
Save the Date for the iW50 Summit to be held on Friday, 29 June 2018 on our campus in Fontainebleau. The Summit will reflect all that we have learned during our year-long celebrations and focus on #INSEADWomen: A force beyond limits. This event will be highly interactive, including keynote addresses by government and business leaders, CEO roundtables, faculty lectures, workshops, discussions in the world café format, as well as inspiring talks from alumni. Find out more.
iW50 and Gender Initiative actions since the launch
- INSEAD Gender Initiative website – Your one-stop resource for gender balance at INSEAD with information on research, events, programmes, and more.
- Limitless – A targeted marketing campaign was launched to attract more female applicants into our programmes. The campaign features successful INSEAD alumnae who, via their stories will inspire more women to apply for our Masters’ programmes. As a reminder, we aim to have 40% women in the MBA programme within the next five years.
- MBA admissions – we refined our process to better incorporate women’s perspectives and work against bias by having one female and one male alumnus interviewer per applicant.
- Gender climate survey – 45% of our 2017 MBA students participated and shared their experiences and perspectives on gender balance. The results of this survey showed that 82% are interested in improving the gender climate and also identified areas upon which we are focusing.
- Alumni impact survey – the survey recently closed with over 10% of our alumni (over 15% of MBA alumni) participating. The survey results will increase our understanding of the diversity, depth and breadth of our alumni’s experiences and contributions to business and society. The richness of responses are still being explored, but we have already noted that over 27% of our global female alumnae serve on boards.
- Women Leaders Programme – This new Executive Education programme, aimed at women with 15 years of experience or more, is designed to equip businesswomen with the tools they need to increase their leadership impact and create lasting personal and professional change.
- INSEAD cases – we have coded cases taught in core MBA courses and found 20% of featured protagonists are female. We are working with the International Community of Case Publishers and INSEAD faculty to increase this number.
- Scholarships – we are working with alumni and friends to fund more scholarships for women.
Salamander iW50 special issue
Please watch out for the next issue of Salamander magazine which will honour our amazing #INSEADWomen and offer thoughtful views on how we can address gender balance in companies and communities.
Finally, many of you have expressed an interest in playing an active role this special year. Thank you for stepping forward, you are our best ambassadors. Find out more about how you can get involved.