The aim of the Balance in Business Initiative is to engage and inspire current and future leaders on why gender balance in business matters, how to implement it and to recognise the value it can create. This is a fully volunteer-led initiative run by INSEAD alumni who are passionate about addressing gender balance. We believe that by engaging and educating leaders they can become agents for change.
For our online attendees, working with our virtual networking VR partners vTogether, we have created a fully interactive experience of the live event venue, which will enable you to chat one to one or create your own group by walking around to meet and network with other attendees both before and after the panel which runs from 18:00 – 19:45 GMT.
The live event will be a small gathering in London of leaders and influencers of today and tomorrow, who care about balancing their businesses, who care about reaching a more equitable society. At the previous events, we have asked experts, executives, and board members to share the hard facts and their real-life experiences. Now, we ask those who are close to the ‘Talent’ about the why, what, how and when:
– Why care? Does everyone broadly accept the ‘why’?
– What’s going on? What are companies doing to balance their business?
– How to Balance? What measures can be taken to ensure all communication is consistent.
– When will we stop talking and start walking?
We will close the series with the input of the decision makers: CEOs, Boards, CFOs, C-suite and executive search experts. This event will bring interactive discussion between the audience, you, and the speakers.
Our outstanding panellists for this event are:
– Mark Spelman (MBA 83J) – Moderator, NED, Executive Committee Member at the World Economic Forum, previously MD/Partner focused on Digital at Accenture
– Milka Kramer (MBA 08D) – Panellist, Country Manager Pinterest UK & IE and Mentee on the INSEAD Alumni IMPACT Mentoring Programme
– Suki Sandhu OBE – Panellist, Founder and CEO at Audeliss, an executive search firm specialising in diversity, and Founder/CEO INvolve, a consultancy driving diversity and inclusion
– Loren I. Shuster (MBA 96J) – Panellist, Chief People Officer, Head of Corporate Affairs at Lego Group and Mentor on the INSEAD Alumni IMPACT Mentoring Programme
– Joëlle Warren MBE – Panellist, Founding Partner at Executive Search firm Warren Partners, contributor to the Hampton-Alexander review and HM’s Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire