UK Community

We are proud to present a series of profiles highlighting members of our community.

Alumni E-book

INSEAD Perspectives – United Kingdom:
A digital book that showcases trailblazing alumni and pays tribute to the accomplishments of our exceptional National Alumni Associations (NAAs). Please take a look at the Hong Kong and Singaporean alumni associations to learn more about alumni in other countries.

Alumni profiles

Please contact uk.manager@insead.edu if you would like to be featured in this series.

• Alumni Profiles: Min Q Tran (MBA'00D)
    Is life after INSEAD like playing golf? Why did my life journey bring me to INSEAD? In 1999, I was a country manager in consumer goods in Malaysia. At that time, I wanted to change function to venture capital outside Asia in financial services. So, doing an INSEAD MBA was the logical path for me.…
  • Alumni Profiles: Rachna Chowla (MBA'09D)
    A spaghetti life: Medicine + INSEAD +… Before INSEAD, I had diligently followed a typical medical path – six solid years studying medicine, then another 7 working as a junior doctor, combined with post-graduate training. It was hard work and well contained within the bounds of medicine - a life that could have almost continued…
  • Alumni Profiles: Jeremy Leigh Pemberton (MBA'61)
    I read Classics at Eton. I did two years national service in which I had the distinction of guarding HM The Queen and Rudolf Hess, though not, as you might imagine, at the same time. My next step was studying at Oxford. I read law at Magdalen College with a job in prospect in a…
  • Alumni Profiles: Azadeh Ghotbi (MBA'94)
    How I found I needed to always wear two hats to find the right balance I can hardly believe I’m about to attend my 25th year INSEAD reunion this year. Has it been that long already? I so look forward to going back to Fontainebleau and spending time reminiscing about the past and catching up…
  • Alumni Profiles: Graham Gould (MBA'85J)
    Life is about taking opportunities when they present themselves I graduated from INSEAD nearly thirty-four years ago. This is simply incredible to me. If someone had asked me when I left university (forty-years ago!) how my working life would pan out, there is no part of it I would have guessed. My first job was…
  • Alumni Profiles: Letícia Bevilaqua (MBA'12J)
    ‘Doing good’ in a lot of wonderful ways Ever since I graduated from electrical engineering in Brazil, I used to say: “I’m going to do an MBA so I can gain some business skills that I didn’t get from an engineering degree”. When seven years later one friend asked me: “So, when are you actually…
  • Alumni Profiles: Ruslan Shopov (MBA'14D)
    Real estate in London became REAL I was born and grew up in Bulgaria’s second largest city Plovdiv, which is considered to be the oldest continually-inhabited city in Europe and one of the oldest in the world. This year Plovdiv is also the European Capital of Culture. I embarked on my international experience by enrolling…
  • Alumni Profiles: Lisa Long (MBA'06J)
    Startups and Zombies Things turned out much better than I could have imagined. I was supposed to follow in the footsteps of my family – leave university, get an advanced degree, and then enter a nice stable job with a large company. Or… I could spend spring break sleeping on the floor of my sister’s…