Mentoring Program (5th wave/2021)
Apply to be a Mentee
In a business environment characterized by multiple challenges and rapid disruptions, managing our career has become far more complex than ever before.
We strongly believe that a powerful way to reflect and successfully develop our career comes from mentoring, in which a mentor provides a mentee informal guidance to help her/him during significant transitions and/or in their current job by sharing knowledge and experience working out new ways of thinking, giving feed-back and creating a safe and supportive environment to foster development.
We also believe that Mentoring across the INSEAD Alumni network is a great demonstration of solidarity among alumni – a way to “give back” and share experiences.
We launched in spring 2017 the INSEAD France Alumni Mentoring Program. The fourth wave of Mentoring is under completion (31 mentees, 31 mentors) and is a great success (see results in attached presentation). More than 100 alumni have been mentored !
We want to specially recognize the extraordinary commitment of the mentors some of them being mentors for the third year!
We are now launching the fifth wave of the Mentoring program – planned to start end April / beginning May.
How to apply ? : we are asking Alumni who wish to be mentored (“Mentees”) to make themselves known using the attached document defining their profile and their needs; there is no specific criteria for applying.
- The expected benefits for Mentees from the mentoring program are multiple
- Gain better understanding of her/his working environment,
- Get a different perspective of the business,
- Be able to share experience and get feedback from different perspective,
- Enhance capability from knowledge and experience of mentors,
- Be provided with a wise sounding board
- Discuss career options
- Increase self confidence
- Mentoring is not to be seen as a “job search “ channel and as a “consulting” activity by Mentor.
Once we have received Mentees application, we will have a one-to-one discussion with you to review your expectations.
Then, we will identify a mentor and support the success of the Mentoring Program.
We will be happy to answer any question you may have on this program. We thank Alumni who desire to benefit from this Mentoring Program as Mentees to send their application by April 8th.
A participation of 75 Euros will be asked to cover program administrative costs.
We thank you in advance for your interest and contribution to this initiative and remain available if you have any question.
With our warm regards,
Claude Perol (MBA’82) – firstname.lastname@example.org – 06 08 17 42 67
Antoine Tirard (MBA’97D) – [email protected] for the “Comité Carrière”
Mentoring Process / Main steps and principles
Once the “Mentees” will have communicated their wish to be mentored, the process will be as follow:
- Mentee interview: Once the Mentees will have communicated their wish to be mentored we will contact you individually to have an in depth discussion.
- Matching Process: once the “Mentees” will have communicated their wish to be mentored, we will identify a Mentor through a rigorous matching process.
- Mentoring Agreement: before starting the “Mentoring” itself, we highly recommend the Mentor and Mentee to enter into an “Mentoring Agreement” specifying
- Objectives of the mentoring set by the Mentee
- Time commitment (usually a minimum between 3 and 6 months)
- Modalities of interactions
- Golden rules : mutual engagement , openness and respect are the key words.
- Mentoring Tool Kit: mentors and mentees will be provided with a tool kit and some readings
- Mentoring Follow-up: the “Comité Carrière” will ensure a follow-up of each mentoring and interact as necessary upon request of either Mentor or Mentee.