Some of our key events include visits to several distinguished companies within Finland, allowing an opportunity to learn, challenge and connect with their executives. We also get together in a more casual setting for alumni drinks after work, annual Vappu and INSEAD day celebrations, among others.
The Events calendar is constantly updated with new events that we plan over the year, so please watch out for those in the days and months ahead. We look forward to seeing you in many of those events. Few of these events have limited guests only, so please sign up in advance to book your spot.
The new world disorder I Discussion with Alexander Stubb
We would like to kick-off this season of INSEAD Alumni events by a very special occasion. Alexander Stubb, a former Prime Minister, Finance Minister, Foreign Minister, Trade and Europe Minister of Finland (2008-2016), will join us to speak about his vision of Europe’s role in a world that has been losing balance between multilateralism and protectionism, climate change and new technologies, but has ended up swung adrift by Russia’s war in Ukraine.
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A. The event will open with coffee and light snacks and a networking opportunity.
Places are limited – to secure your spot, please, sign-up via the link below.
Venue and agenda will be announced later this month,
Date: October 2nd, 2023
Time: 18:00 – 20:00
Venue: Helsinki, Finland – details on the location will be shared later in August
Professor Alexander Stubb is the Director of the School of Transnational Governance as of 1 May 2020. He has served as Prime Minister, Finance Minister, Foreign Minister, Trade and Europe Minister of Finland (2008-2016). He was a Member of the European Parliament from 2004 to 2008 and national parliament (2011-2017). He was the Chairman of the Finnish National Coalition Party (Kokoomus) from 2014 to 2016 and Vice President of the European Investment Bank (EIB) from 2017 to 2020.
Stubb worked as an advisor at the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Helsinki and Brussels and in President Romano Prodi’s team at the European Commission (1995-2004). He was involved in the negotiation of the Treaties of Amsterdam, Nice and Lisbon.
Stubb’s background is in academia, civil service and politics. He holds a Ph.D. in international relations from the London School of Economics, a Master’s degree in EU administration from the College of Europe in Bruges, and a B.A. in political science from Furman University in South Carolina. He also studied French language, culture and civilisation at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Planned alumni activities for Spring/Summer 2023
- January 11. – Speakers evet with INSEAD Professor Pekka Hietala
- January 25. – New graduate welcome dinner
- January 31. – Visit to National Opera and Turandot
- March 10. – Alumni Ball 2023 with Harvard, IMD, LBS, and LSE alumni clubs
- April – Alumni Association Annual General Meeting. All members of INSEAD alumni in Finland are invited to join the meeting and discussion. However, only alumni association members have voting rights in the meeting.
- Aug – Nov IN-BOARD Nordic Academy 2023 (organised by NAA Norway)
- September 11. – Global INSEAD Day
Separate email invitation will be sent for all events.
Alumni Association Executive Committee wishes you all wonderful spring hope to see you all in our forthcoming alumni events.
List of 2022 events organized or promoted by INSEAD Alumni Association:
- Apr 21. – Annual General Meeting. All members of INSEAD alumni in Finland invited to join the meeting and discussion. However, only alumni association members have voting rights in the meeting.
- May 1. – Vappu – May day meeting point in Ullanlinnanmäki with champagne.
- June 3. – INSEAD NAA Finland 25 years anniversary celebration in restaurant Lasipalatsi. Informal dinner event with highlights on out 25-year history.
- Aug – Nov – IN-BOARD Nordic Academy 2022 in Oslo. (organised by NAA Norway)
- Sep 23. – National Dance Company of Korea, Tero Saarinen’s choreography VORTEX
- Sep 27. – Alumni visit to FIBAN pitching (fiban.org)
- Nov 9. – “What is High Psychological Safety”. Speaker’s event with Anders Gustavsson (MCCC’18Dec-F), Psychological Safety practitioner at the Fearless Organisation
- Nov 17. – “Is the Office Dead? New ways of working and the future of the workplace”, with visit to Ernst&Young new Helsinki office
- Support for Ukraine. In response to our Alumni needs in Ukraine, our association will has joined an effort led by the French alumni association to match INSEAD hosts across Europe for INSEAD Alumni, or people referred by INSEAD Alumni, seeking temporary housing outside Ukraine.
List of 2021 events organized or promoted by INSEAD Alumni Association:
- Mar, INSEAD Workshop on Venture Capital, Business Angels, and Startups
- Apr 23-24th, INSEAD Alumni Forum Europe
- Apr 26th, INSEAD Directors Forum
- May 27th, NAA Finland Annual General Meeting
- May 28th, Value Beyond the Deal – a different perspective on M&A
- Jul 1st, Purpose or Profit in Post COVID times: will Business for Good thrive or survive?
- Aug 24th, Lifelong Learning as a driver for a Sustainable Future
- Aug 27th, IN-BOARD NORDIC ACADEMY 2021 (organised by NAA Norway)
- Sep 17th, Alumni Ball in co-operation with Harvard, IMD, London Business School and London School of Economics alumni clubs
- Oct 29th, Leading Transformation in an Age of Disruption
For a lists of other events organized and promoted by INSEAD please click here
Events are open to INSEAD students, faculty, staff and INSEAD Alumni Association members. Guest-tickets is a membership benefit, allowing members to bring colleagues and partners to selected events.View Accessible Version