Financial Services Group:
Discussion on Private Credit
Thursday 4 February, 18:30 – 19:30 (please note timing)
The second of our informal discussions will focus on private credit. Our themes will include:
In light of changing capital requirements and impending economic crisis, financial institutions across the globe are offloading non-performing (and sometimes even performing) loans. The NPL market is sure to expand as seen in all the recent financial crises.
Access to this asset class is highly desirable for investors seeking high returns and are comfortable with risk. But often, mainly due to process legacy issues, this market is excluding many investors that are able to assess the risk and have appetite to invest.
This creates a market ripe for disruption. How will digital technology, AI and deep data analytics and other innovations transform this industry? Is the NPL industry finally facing its “Spotify Moment” and what does this mean to investors?
Facilitators for the discussions:
- Rafael Gonzalo (MBA 93D) Managing Director, LCM Partners
- Alessandro Hatami (MBA 93D), Partner, The Pacemakers
- Steve Simmons (MBA 00J), former Chief Risk Officer & Head of Data Science at Oakham
- Jesse Koti (EMBA 19D), Managing Partner at Four Oaks Credit Fund
- Michael Dryden (MBA 95J), Chair of the Financial Services Group and MD, ING