Learn how to perform and make an impact at Board Level. Expert classes provided by INSEAD and Knowledge Partners.
The IN-BOARD Academy is a collaborative Leadership Programme between INSEAD, the UK NAA and our Knowledge Partners. You will learn best practices of board dynamics from INSEAD Faculty and experts selected from the UK’s most experienced board professionals and business leaders. In this programme, you will also get the chance to network, connect, interact with and learn from other alumni, expert partners and speakers.
The 2 ½ day on-campus module at INSEAD, Fontainebleau will take place at the end of 2023. The on-campus Leadership Programme, encompasses behavioural aspects of board work, “Board Dynamics”, “Board Effectiveness” and “Leadership”. A full day of group coaching based on a 360° appraisal gives IN-BOARD participants the opportunity to test and correct their own leadership styles. The Leadership Programme gives IN-BOARD its uniqueness and differentiates IN-BOARD from many other non-executive director seminars, as outlined in our brochure.
Note: You will receive a certificate upon completion of all 6 modules!
Benefits of the IN-BOARD Leadership Programme:
- Understand the fundamentals of board dynamics as well as the role and duties of the director
- Learn good practices from industry leaders sharing their experiences in an open and informal way
- Learn through case studies and from peers in a workshop environment
- Understand strengths, weaknesses, biases and postures of a director sitting at a board meeting
- Build and expand personal networks, become part of an active international IN-BOARD alumni community
- As a delegate of the INBOARD UK programme, you will also receive membership to the prestigious Deloitte Academy, which provides a platform, support and guidance to board and executive committee members. Membership includes access to Deloitte’s Business Centre
Dates of UK Modules with Knowledge Partners:
- Corporate Strategy Module – L.E.K. Consulting (26th January 2023)
- Communication & PR – FTI Consulting (23rd February 2023)
- Finance and Accounting – Deloitte (includes opportunity to join the Deloitte Academy Programme) (30th March 2023)
- Legal and Governance – Withers LLP (27th April 2023)
- Human Resources and Executive Search – Spencer Stuart (23rd May 2023)
All UK modules will take place in London in the afternoons, including drinks and dinner.
The on-campus Module for the Leadership Programme in Fontainebleau end of November 2023 will be led by professors:
- Erik van de Loo, Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where he is Program Co-Director of “Consulting and Coaching for Change” at the INSEAD Global Leadership Centre.
- Jaap Winter, Visiting Professor of Corporate Governance at INSEAD and Professor of Corporate Governance at the Duisenberg school of finance in Amsterdam
See the below two cohorts for the On-Campus Programme:
Cohort 1: Thursday to Saturday lunchtime 30th November – 2nd December 2023
Cohort 2: Friday to Sunday lunchtime 1st – 3rd December 2023
– Space is limited and open to Senior Alumni with a minimum of 10 years experience or more. –
The fee is split into two payments:
- IN COUNTRY Modules £1300 for NAA members (£1360 for non-members, payable to NAA UK)
- ON CAMPUS Module € 4270 (payable to INSEAD)Tuition fee € 4,020 (VAT included)
Seminar package € 250 (VAT included)Please note that 20% VAT will apply. If you have a business registered in the EU, you can file a VAT return online (in most regions) for the VAT on tuition.
Further information on exact timings and content will be sent to accepted applicants. The sessions will be held in-person.
Your UK IN-BOARD Committee,
Helen Pitcher (IDP-C’13S), Florence Hamilton (MBA’85J),
Massy Larizadeh (MBA’96J), Rahima Valji (MBA’03D), Steven Parker (MBA’89D)
With thanks to our Knowledge Partners:
Correct at 18/11/2022