Learn how to perform and make an impact at Board Level. Expert classes provided by INSEAD and Knowledge Partners.
IN-BOARD provides a platform for INSEAD alumni who are in or intend to take up a supervisory role. The initiative was started in 2009 in cooperation with the INSEAD business school in Fontainebleau and has now expanded over 6 countries, sharing experiences internationally.
The IN-BOARD Academy is a collaborative Leadership Programme between INSEAD, the UK NAA and our Knowledge Partners.
You will learn best practices of board dynamics from INSEAD Faculty and experts selected from the UK’s most experienced board professionals and business leaders. In this programme, you will also get the chance to network, connect, interact with and learn from other alumni, expert partners and speakers.
The programme consists of 5 half-day in-country (UK) sessions led and delivered from January – May 2024 by Knowledge Partners: L.E.K. Consulting, FTI Consulting, Memery Crystal, Deloitte and Spencer Stuart.
The second part of the programme includes a 2 ½ day on-campus module at INSEAD, Fontainebleau in November 2024.
Understand the fundamentals of board dynamics as well as the role and duties of the director.
- Learn good practices from industry leaders sharing their experiences in an open and informal way.
- Learn through case studies and from peers in a workshop environment.
- Understand strengths, weaknesses, biases, and postures of a director sitting at a board meeting.
- Meet fellow alumni that come from diverse backgrounds as listed companies, private companies, family enterprises, government and consultancies. Many have worked in several industries.
- Build and expand personal networks, become part of an active international IN-BOARD alumni community.
- As a delegate of the INBOARD UK programme, you will also receive membership to the prestigious Deloitte Academy, which provides a platform, support and guidance to board and executive committee members. Membership includes access to Deloitte’s Business Centre.
- Invitation to End of Term Event in June 2024
- Upon completion of all 6 modules, participants receive a certificate of completion
For more information, please download the programme brochure here.
- The programme is open to INSEAD Alumni looking to step into a non-executive board role. Participants would preferably have executive board experience to fully benefit from the programme and contribute to the learning experience.
- IDP and IDP-C alumni can register for the in-country modules only.
Local UK modules
Throughout January to June, Knowledge Partners with extensive experience working in and with boards in the UK lead and deliver hands-on sessions to address key challenges and topics faced by boards and prepare participants to search for and step into their first non-executive board experience.
- Corporate Strategy Module – L.E.K. Consulting (25th January 2024)
- Communication & PR – FTI Consulting (22nd February 2024)
- The Role of the Board and the Board Committees – Deloitte (includes opportunity to join the Deloitte Academy Programme) (19th March 2024)
- Legal and Governance – Memery Crystal (25th April 2024)
- Board Search – Process and Advice – Spencer Stuart (23rd May 2024)
All UK modules will take place in London in the afternoons including coffee breaks and networking drinks.
Fontainebleau On-Campus Module
The programme starts with 2 ½ day on-campus at INSEAD, Fontainebleau. The on-campus Leadership Programme encompasses behavioural aspects of board work, “Board Dynamics”, “Board Effectiveness” and “Leadership”. A full day of group coaching based on a 360° appraisal gives IN-BOARD participants the opportunity to test and correct their own leadership styles. The Leadership Programme gives IN-BOARD its uniqueness and differentiates IN-BOARD from many other non-executive director seminars.
This module brings together IN-BOARD participants from all INSEAD NAA’s running the programme: Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland and UK.
The module is led by professors:
-Erik van de Loo, Affiliate Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD, where he is Program Co-Director of “Consulting and Coaching for Change” at the INSEAD Global Leadership Centre.
-Jaap Winter, Visiting Professor of Corporate Governance at INSEAD and Professor of Corporate Governance at the Duisenberg school of finance in Amsterdam
2024 Calendar (Dates for the in-country modules might be modified based on availabilities of Knowledge Partners – with enough notice to minimize disruption to participants)
- Cohort 1: Thursday to Saturday lunchtime 21-23 November 2024
- Cohort 2: Friday to Sunday lunchtime 22-24 November 2024
How to Apply
Please download the application form for the 2023/2024 IN-BOARD Programme here.
For any questions about the IN-BOARD programme or the 2024 cohort, get in touch with: [email protected]
The fee is split into two payments:
- IN COUNTRY Modules £1300 for NAA members (£1360 for non-members, payable to NAA UK)
- ON CAMPUS Module €4,320
Tuition fee € 4,020 (VAT included)
Seminar package € 300 (VAT included) Please note that 20% VAT will apply. If you have a business registered in the EU, you can file a VAT return online (in most regions) for the VAT on tuition.
Further information on exact timings and content will be sent to accepted applicants. The sessions will be held in-person.
This initiative is developed in close cooperation with our Partners!
Correct at 28/11/2023