THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED
Investment Banking Capital Markets – Present & Future
Wednesday, 26 October, 6.30pm at INSEAD Campus
From the Global Financial Crisis to stresses on the European Union to the impact of increased regulation. Conduct issues and negative interest rates, from Brexit to the impact of Fintech, financial institutions and global markets have been subjected to significant changes and shocks over the past ten years. Please join us for an evening of discussion with a panel whose careers have taken them across locations, asset classes and from banks to start ups.
We will be discussing the following topics:
- What are the forces driving change in markets and shaping the future of banking?
- What are the challenges which financial institutions face today?
- What lies ahead for capital markets and its participants?
- Will different business models be needed in future?
- the changes we’ve seen and which are coming positive for markets and for society?Are
- Will new participants (i.e. Fintech startups) disrupt incumbents or provide opportunity for innovation and partnerships?
Moderated by Yue Wang (MBA’05D) our panelists include:
- Guillermo Cabeza: Managing Director, Head of Barclays Non-Core Asia Traded Assets. Mr Cabeza has traded fixed income, currencies, credit and commodities in both emerging and developed markets for more than two decades. He has worked in New York, London and Singapore. He holds a B.A. in Public Policy and International Affairs from Princeton University.
- Rahul Banerjee: Bondevalue co-founder (a FinTech startup). Former Managing Director, Standard Chartered Bank, Global Head of International Corporates, Financial Markets Sales. Mr. Banerjee holds a MBA from Indian School of Business.
- Rana Dasgupta (MBA’05D): Managing Director Nomura, Asia Ex-Japan Global Markets Division. Rana provides the product & structuring expertise for the Institutional and Corporate Solutions Groups and heads the structuring effort for all Asian Rates products in the region. Prior to joining Nomura in 2008, Rana worked with Lehman Brothers in Hong Kong and with Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore for over 3 years. Rana holds an MBA from INSEAD (05D) and is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Frank Troise: Managing Director at Leonteq Securities Singapore Pte. Ltd. Frank is one of Asia’s leading voices and practitioners on Finance and Technology. He has been named one of Asia’s FinTech 100 and one of the top 30 social media FinTech influencers in Singapore. Mr. Troise has over twenty years of experience managing multi-billion dollar portfolios for corporations, endowments, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
- INSEAD Alumni NAA Members and a guest each: $25
- INSEAD Alumni Non-NAA Members and a guest each $55
Link to event sign up here.