INSEAD students launched a Business Projects Platform in April to connect alumni with current students to work on short-term projects. It has had big success with over 300 projects received and close to 600 student applications in two months. Project topics range from AI to fashion, size from one-founder startups to companies with billions in revenue – all types of projects are welcome.
If you have a project you would like to engage INSEADers for, please fill out this survey and the opportunity will be posted within a couple of days for students to apply for. It is a great way to stay connected with INSEAD and to get some help with your projects & ventures.
Notice is hereby given that electronic voting will be conducted for 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) from 14 to 29 April 2020.
Please find the 2019 Annual Report inclusive of the proposed 2019 AGM minutes (pages 21-22) and Financial Reports (pages 18-20) relating to The INSEAD Club of Singapore (INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore). We revised the Constitution and Bye-Laws during the 2019 AGM. The revised constitution was submitted to the Registry of Societies and has been approved.
Please refer to these documents:
Don’t hesitate to contact our President Cintia Tavella MBA’07D, Secretary Jaz Athenia Chua TIEMBA’16Jan, or Treasurer Abel Van Staveren EMBA’08Dec if you have questions by 20th April.
Due to Covid-19 and the measures put in place, we have changed the AGM to electronic voting.
Members will receive an email from Jaz Athenia Chua email@example.com with the subject: INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore Annual General Meeting 2020 – Voting. Do check your SPAM folder if you have not received this email.
We require your participation to vote on 3 motions:
- Vote on the proposed 2019 AGM minutes (pages 21-22) and
- Vote on the 2019 Financial Reports (pages 18-20) of the 2019 Annual Report
- Vote to elect the following:
- New Board Members at 2020 AGM:
- Treasurer: Amy Xu MBA’14J
- Board Member (Clubs & Interests Groups): Julie He MBA’13D
- Board Member (Professor & Company Visits): Tan Eng Hwa TIEMBA’16Jan
- Re-Election for a second term for:
- Secretary: Jaz Athenia Chua TIEMBA’16Jan
We thank the following retired board members for their contributions
Retiring in 2020
- Abel Van Staveren EMBA’08Dec for his role as a Treasurer for 4 years and a mentor to the Exco and Alumni
- Ankit Kedia MBA’14D for his role as Board Member of Lifelong Learning and Career Development as well as leading Global INSEAD Day 2019
Retired in 2019
- Lydia Astill for her role as Executive Director for nearly 4 years.
- Rani Francois-Marie Saad AMP’15N for his role as a Board Member in Clubs & Interests Groups, onboarding clubs during his tenure, onboarding FUTR event for Alumni and his role as the NAA representative for DUAL.
- Reshmi Rajendran EMBA’16Dec for her role as Board Member (Sustainable Innovation) organising events and panel discussion with industry professionals and professors.
- Amit Puri MBA’06J for his role as a Vice President and organising company visits and professor series
We are pleased to share with all our INSEAD Alumni community and the Alumni Associations across the world, the newly revised and edited version of the Corporate Governance Handbook for Alumni Associations produced by the Singapore Alumni Association to help build scale and efficiencies for all Associations across the globe.
Given the latest COVID’19 developments, we want to update you on the following implications for our INSEAD Alumni in Singapore:
- Our Dean, Ilian Mihov, has tested positive and is in isolation following the measures in Singapore. We would like to wish our Dean a quick and speedy recovery.
- INSEAD will not be able to welcome alumni on any of its campuses or facilities at this time. Therefore, we kindly ask all our Alumni to help support the school in these challenging times and refrain from accessing any INSEAD campus or facilities over the next few weeks.
- In order to safeguard our Alumni and INSEAD’s reputation, the INSEAD Alumni Association in Singapore has postponed its Annual General Meeting, initially scheduled for Thu March 19th.
- Singapore government has also issued additional precautionary measures to prevent further importation of cases. These include travel advisories against all non-essential travel abroad, and further restrictions on travellers coming into Singapore.
The most important thing currently is to ensure our community is safe. Please follow Singapore government guidelines HERE and be socially responsible.
Thank you for your support and understanding at a difficult time for all of us.
Stay Safe and Positive
Cintia Tavella MBA’07D
INSEAD Alumni Association Singapore
Missed our sold out Career Development and Lifelong Learning Series event with Avalyn Lim TIEMBA14’J and Abel van Staveren EMBA’08D “A Portfolio Career – is that something for me?” in May 2019?
Here is your chance to not miss it again. INSEAD Lifelong Learning is organising a Webinar on the topic, which is free of charge for NAA members.
Not yet a member? Sign up here today to enjoy the following benefits:
Benefits of membership include:
- Discounted or exclusive access to a wide range of alumni events (click here for our full calendar of events):
- Business speaker events
- Roundtable lunch/dinner events
- Career Development Series
- Lifelong Learning Series
- Professors Lecture Series
- Social/networking events
- Access to INSEAD-organised events as well as DUAL (Distinguished Universities Alumni League)-organised events
- Reciprocal membership benefits with other INSEAD National Alumni Associations around the world
- Substantial discounts for INSEAD’s Lifelong Learning initiatives for alumni i.e. a 30% discount on Executive Education programmes, 40% on open online programmes, 50% on alumni pop-up programmes and free access to webinars.
- Discounted access for certain other INSEAD webinars
“The accelerated 10-month full-time MIM will empower the next generation of well-rounded and agile-thinking individuals to make a positive impact in today’s society and deliver value in the digital age.
By engaging talented young people, MIM will contribute to the school’s mission to develop responsible business leaders who transform business and society. INSEAD’s current master programmes are designed for experienced global professionals – from MBA students to participants in our executive-level programmes. The MIM will make the INSEAD educational offering complete by equipping a new group of post-graduate, pre-experience learners with the most relevant knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s complex world and move it in new and exciting directions.
To learn more about the programme, visit the website or reach out to Thibault Séguret MBA’12J, Programme Director of the INSEAD Master in Management Programme.”
Click here or on the image to see the courses
Our regular Buona Vista lunch organiser Ami Iwakami is moving to the CBD. We are looking for a volunteer to organise the monthly lunch at Buona Vista area.
Please get in touch if you are interested.
Enjoy 40% discount off price of upcoming course. Join and pay before 15 August. Contact us for more information or check the mailer.
Venture Capital Unlocked: Silicon Valley Secrets for Investing in Asia.