David Doral

What and when did you study at INSEAD? 

MBA 05J: I spent four periods in Fonty and one in Singapore.

Tell us about your career to date.

Originally from Spain, I have a background in Aerospace Engineering. I worked in the industry for almost 10 years designing new aircraft for large OEMs until I joined INSEAD.

Prior to INSEAD, I had been in Australia for a short contract. During that period, I learned about how to apply for Permanent Residency and started the process, not because I had the intention to migrate permanently, but simply because it looked like a nice option to have. I returned to Europe and kept working there until I was admitted to the program.

I studied an MBA to change my career and after graduating I did so. INSEAD was a time of discovery for me and when I finished, I was not too sure what I wanted to do, but definitely, I knew I did not want to go back to my engineering career. Before graduation, I tried to land a job in Australia from Fontainebleau, but it did not work. As I wanted a change and by then I had already the PR, I decided to give it a go and came here simply to look at what I could find. After 3 months I finally got a job in a new sector (food manufacturing) and in a new function (R&D management) and remained in it for almost 6 years.

I returned to Spain and back into Aerospace (this time in an executive position) in 2012. I worked there for a few years until I got lured by the possibility to be part of the next aviation revolution: electrification! I decided to found a company and, again, where else to start anew than Australia?? In 2019 I was back here, working again as an aerospace executive for others until I could dedicate myself full-time to Dovetail Electric Aviation last year, and since then I am pushing hard to make aviation sustainable.

What does “Force for Good” mean to you?

Change the world from within. Use all the business tools we learn and the connections we build to make the world a better place.

What are you passionate about?

Make aviation clean and sustainable. It hurts when you hear some young people are starting to see the aircraft industry as the next tobacco cartel. We need to change the perception and the reality behind that, and I want to be part of the revolution that will make it possible.